Thursday

JT 2

Throughout my research of the topic of Embryonic Stem Cell Research, I have kind of come to a block in new information or new approaches to answering my "Why" question. It seems wherever I look on this thing they call the "Internet" i discover the same "ethical" or "moral" issue people have with funding the research. This confused me because with everyone having a moral or ethical dilemma over funding the research, i wondered how many people actually knew about what the process consisted of.

Unfortunately i could not find a statistic covering the question I proposed, but i did find a gallup poll consisting of who found the process morally wrong or right. To my surprise of how the research was developing currently in the US (slowly), majority of Americans feel it is morally right for funding to embryonic research (Poll). For the past decade, the topic has been found as morally right by around 60-65% of Americans. Throughout the past years there has been fluctuation in numbers, but they continue to increase. Which leads me to question why hasn't there been a real impact in the research for the support the research has gotten?

No comments:

Post a Comment