Wednesday

JT 3/ THE END

Ahhh. The feeling that overwhelmed me as I set down the pile of papers in class. These papers consisted of numerous drafts, bibliographies and lots of words. What am I talking about? Oh the Junior theme of course. This process of choosing a topic to study for almost 2 months has really became a mind-opening one. Going into the big, bad Junior Theme, I can assure you I was quite nervous and skeptical of this whole ordeal. I didn't like the sound of a 8 page paper that covers one huge topic. Well ill admit that the first couple weeks, even month of Junior Theme process was not easy and didn't help my image of the assignment. But eventually I got very invested into my topic, and felt more comfortable with this whole thing.

My topic was funding to embryonic stem cell research. This is still a very controversial debate to date, so there was constantly new information coming out for this topic. But, even with all this information, I felt like there was so much i had to cover and I didn't know where to begin or stop. With the help of my teachers, librarians, and fellow classmates, I learned how to dive into this work and compose my JT. After the many words and drafts I completed, I realized this project was very helpful to my future. This assignment taught me how to manage my work and also how to make connections between sources and information. I realized this could very well be helpful for my future studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment